Agricultural Disc Ploughs
Agricultural disc ploughs are farm implements used for primary tillage in agriculture. They are designed to break up and turn over the soil, preparing it for planting crops. Disc ploughs are particularly effective in breaking up hard and compacted soils, as well as cutting through crop residues and weed roots.
The basic structure of a disc plough consists of a series of concave metal discs, usually made of hardened steel, mounted on a frame. These discs are arranged in a gang or in tandem, with each disc capable of rotating independently. The number of discs and their diameter can vary depending on the size and type of plough.
The discs are angled in a way that allows them to cut through the soil as the plough is pulled forward by a tractor or other agricultural machinery. As the discs rotate, they create a slicing action, lifting and turning the soil. This action breaks up clods, incorporates organic matter, and buries crop residues, enhancing soil aeration and promoting better seedbed preparation.
Disc ploughs are commonly available in both mounted and trailed versions. Mounted ploughs are attached directly to the three-point linkage of a tractor, while trailed ploughs are towed behind the tractor using a hitch. Some disc ploughs also come with adjustable features, allowing farmers to control the cutting depth and angle of the discs to suit different soil conditions and requirements.
Agricultural Implement Disc Ploughs for Sale:
Showing 1–20 of 619 results
Agricultural Equipment Nardi Disc Plough for Sale
Types of Farm Plows Agriculture Machinery Equipment
20hp Four Wheel Tractor Linked 2 Disc Turning Plow Price
Farm Tractor Equipments Heavy Duty Disc Harrow Plough
Farm Equipment 3 Point Mounted Trailed Medium Type Disc Harrow
3 Point Suspension Medium Disc Harrow Hot Sale
Agricultural Machinery Equipment Medium Disc Harrow
Farm Tractor Mounted Offset Medium Duty Disc Harrow for Sale
Agriculture Tractor 3 Point Suspension Medium Disc Harrow for Sale
Medium Duty Agricultural Machinery Compact Tractor Disc Harrow
Point Mounted Trailed Medium Type Disc Harrow
Farm land leveler Land Scraper Box Scraper for Tractor
Agricultural Tractor Mounted Disc Plough in Plowing Land Machine
Nardi Disc Plough for Mini Farm Tractor
Tractor Attachments Heavy Duty Disc Ploughs Plow
Export to Agricultural Machinery Tractor New Types of Ploughs
Farm machinery disc plow 1LYQ-320
Agricultural tool 1LYQ-320 light duty disc plough
1LY-3 Fish Disc Plough
MF Disc Plough – Disc Plow, 3 Blade Tractor Disc Harrow Types of Farm Plows
Watch Our Agricultural Disc Ploughs Videos:
Advantages of Using Agricultural Disc Ploughs:
1. Efficient soil penetration: Disc ploughs are designed with sharp, rotating discs that cut through the soil effectively, even in tough or compacted conditions. The discs can penetrate the soil to a greater depth compared to other types of ploughs, which helps in breaking up hardpan layers and improving soil structure.
2. Soil inversion and mixing: Disc ploughs are capable of inverting and turning over the soil, bringing the nutrient-rich subsoil to the surface. This process helps in burying crop residues, weeds, and other organic matter, facilitating their decomposition and incorporation into the soil. It also aids in mixing the topsoil with lower soil layers, promoting better nutrient distribution and improving soil fertility.
3. Weed control: Disc ploughs effectively uproot and bury weeds, helping to control their growth. By burying weed seeds and roots, disc ploughs can reduce weed populations in the field, minimizing competition for nutrients, water, and sunlight with the desired crops.
4. Moisture conservation: The use of disc ploughs creates furrows and ridges in the soil, which can help retain moisture by reducing surface evaporation. This is particularly beneficial in arid or semi-arid regions where water scarcity is a concern. The furrows created by disc ploughs also aid in directing water during irrigation, allowing for efficient water distribution.
5. Enhanced soil aeration and drainage: The action of disc ploughs helps in breaking up compacted soil, improving soil aeration and drainage. By loosening the soil, the plough allows for better root penetration, facilitating the uptake of oxygen and the movement of water through the soil profile. Improved soil aeration and drainage contribute to healthier root development and overall plant growth.
6. Versatility: Disc ploughs are versatile and suitable for various soil types, including sandy, loamy, and clayey soils. They can be adjusted to different depths and angles, allowing farmers to adapt to specific soil conditions and achieve the desired soil preparation.
7. Time and labor-saving: Compared to traditional ploughs, disc ploughs are generally more efficient, requiring less time and labor to prepare the soil. Their design and cutting action enable faster and more effective tillage, reducing the overall workload and increasing operational efficiency.
8. Durability and longevity: Disc ploughs are typically made from durable materials such as high-quality steel, making them long-lasting and capable of withstanding the rigors of agricultural operations. With proper maintenance, they can serve farmers for extended periods, providing consistent performance.
Applications of Using Agricultural Disc Ploughs:
(1) Primary tillage: Disc ploughs are commonly used for primary tillage, which involves breaking up and turning over the soil to prepare it for planting. They are effective in cutting through vegetation, breaking up hardpan layers, and loosening compacted soils. By creating a well-prepared seedbed, disc ploughs facilitate seed germination and root development.
(2) Seedbed preparation: Disc ploughs play a crucial role in seedbed preparation by creating a suitable environment for planting seeds. They help in leveling the soil, removing debris, and incorporating organic matter into the soil. This ensures optimal seed-to-soil contact, promoting uniform seed emergence and early crop establishment.
(3) Weed control: Disc ploughs are effective for weed control in agricultural fields. By uprooting and burying weeds, they help reduce weed populations and competition with crops. Disc ploughing can be particularly beneficial for managing perennial weeds and weed seeds, preventing their re-infestation in subsequent crop cycles.
(4) Incorporation of crop residues: Agricultural disc ploughs are useful for incorporating crop residues, such as stubble or crop residue from the previous harvest, into the soil. This process aids in the decomposition of organic matter, returning nutrients to the soil, and improving soil organic content. Incorporating crop residues also helps reduce the risk of pest and disease carryover to the next crop.
(5) Soil erosion control: Disc ploughs can play a role in soil erosion control by creating ridges or contours on slopes. These ridges help to slow down water runoff and facilitate water infiltration into the soil, reducing erosion caused by heavy rainfall. By minimizing soil erosion, disc ploughs contribute to soil conservation and sustainable land management.
(6) Soil leveling and shaping: Disc ploughs can be used for soil leveling and shaping, especially in areas with uneven terrain. They can help create uniform field surfaces, ensuring proper water distribution during irrigation and facilitating machinery operations, such as planting and harvesting.
(7) Soil improvement and fertility management: Disc ploughs aid in soil improvement by facilitating the incorporation of soil amendments, such as lime or organic matter, into the soil. This helps in adjusting soil pH, enhancing nutrient availability, and improving soil fertility. The deep tillage action of disc ploughs also promotes better soil aeration, drainage, and root penetration, contributing to overall soil health.