American standard pulley
The most significant difference between the European standard pulley and the American standard pulley is its structure. The European standard pulley is separated from the cone sleeve by a pulley, which is more advantageous for installation and replacement.
All of our American standard pulleys are finely machined and statically balanced.
AK/AKH series sheaves
With more than 20 years of experience, our engineers can help you design suitable v-pulleys, pulleys, multiple v-pulleys, and other customized pulleys.
Types of American standard pulley
- V-pulleys with Locking elements: AV, BV, and CV.
With the pilot bore, bore diameters Ø55, Ø65, and Ø80 can be chosen.
Pulley pitch diameter min. 90mm, max. 500mm, grooves 1 to 6.
Assembly for keyless locking element / Locking device.
- AK/BK/AKH/BKH sheaves
AK for 4L or A belts, AKH for 4L or A belts
BK for 4L/5L or A/B belts, BKH for 4L/5L or A/B belts
- QD sheaves ( for B, C, and D belts )
A-B combination groove QD sheaves, groove 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, 10.
C section QD bushing sheaves, grooves 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, 10, 12.
Heavy-duty shelves with QD bushing or split taper bushing.
- Variable pitch sheaves – 1VP/2VP
Sheaves for 3L,4L, 5L, A, B, and 5V belts Light duty Bored to size
- Adjustable speed pulleys（TB-1, TB-2, SB-1, SB-2）
What are the differences between the American standard and European standard pulley?
- First, the physical structure is different, as shown in Fig. In the above picture, the American standard pulley is on the left, and the European standard pulley is on the right. There is no difference, but if you look carefully, you will find that their physical structures are different. American standard pulley, nicknamed American standard expansion sleeve pulley, is divided into two parts: pulley and expansion sleeve; European standard pulley, the big name European standard taper sleeve pulley, is divided into two parts: pulley and taper sleeve. The expansion sleeve’s appearance differs from that of the taper sleeve. The tapered sleeve has a slope.
- Secondly, the model names of the American standard pulley and European standard pulley are different. When purchasing a pulley, you need to know the pulley model in advance. Generally, American standard pulley models: are 3V, 5V, and 8V; European standard pulley models: are SPZ, SPA, SPB, and SPC.
- Warm prompt: although American standard pulley and European standard pulley can be interchanged sometimes, it should be judged according to the actual situation and can not be selected blindly
How to measure the pulley？
- Measure the distance between pulley grooves
- Measure the thickness of the groove
- Measure the inner diameter of pulley
- Measure the outer diameter of the pulley
Common problems in the use of pulley
- The service life and tooth profile accuracy of the belt pulley have an important impact on the synchronous belt transmission. If the belt pulley exceeds its service life, it is easy to lead to changes in the tooth profile, which will lead to incorrect meshing between the belt tooth and the gear tooth, and will cause the synchronous belt to fail in a short period of time.
- The common failure forms of the belt pulley are tooth surface wear and pitting. Therefore, the material and tooth surface hardness of the synchronous belt pulley have an important impact on the transmission quality. The tooth surface of the belt pulley should have sufficient wear resistance and contact strength. Generally, the belt pulley can be made of medium carbon steel or medium carbon alloy structural steel, which can be normalized or quenched and tempered to make the tooth surface hardness between 200 and 260 HB. Higher strength, surface hardness and good toughness can meet the actual needs of the project. Because the hardness is moderate, the tooth profile can be precisely cut after heat treatment.
- In synchronous toothed belt drive, in order to avoid the synchronous belt slipping from one side of the pulley, the pulley must have a stop plate, which should be 1 to 2 mm higher than the back of the belt and have an inclination of about 5 degrees.
- When the belt pulley speed is greater than the limit speed, dynamic balancing must be carried out. When the belt pulley speed is less than the limit speed, only static balancing is required. After balance detection, the residual unbalance of the belt pulley shall not be greater than the allowable value.
- If the belt pulley is installed askew, the side of the belt is pressed against the baffle plate, resulting in increased wear on the side of the belt. Therefore, pay attention to the parallelism of pulley axis during installation, so that the transmission center plane of each pulley is in the same plane.
- When the belt is overloaded or the preload is too large, the tooth pitch difference will be caused, resulting in meshing interference and tooth surface wear. When the belt is overloaded, the bearing capacity will be greatly reduced. Therefore, in the application of synchronous toothed belt, overload must be prevented and appropriate preload must be selected.