Gearbox for Rotary Rakes
A gearbox is an essential component of rotary rakes. It is responsible for transmitting power from the tractor’s PTO (power take-off) to the rotary rake’s tines, which turn the crop and lift it onto the conveyor belt or into the windrow.
When selecting a gearbox for a rotary rake, several factors need to be considered, such as:
- Power and torque requirements: The gearbox must handle the required power and torque output from the tractor’s PTO.
- Gear ratio: The gear ratio should be chosen based on the rake’s intended use, the size of the tractor, and the type of terrain the rake will be used on.
- Durability and reliability: The gearbox should be made from high-quality materials and designed to withstand the rigors of heavy use.
- Ease of maintenance: The gearbox should be designed for easy maintenance, with accessible lubrication points and simple disassembly.
- Compatibility: The gearbox must be compatible with the tractor’s PTO shaft and the rake’s tines and conveyor system.
- Price: The cost of the gearbox should be considered, and it should be balanced with its durability, reliability, and performance.