Plastic Gear Rack
A plastic gear rack is a mechanical component made of engineering plastics. Some of the most common types are polyacetal, POM, and MC Nylon. These durable polymers offer advantages such as low wear and noise reduction. These racks are widely used in various industries and applications. They can be lightweight and can be bent to accommodate many different shapes. They also do not require lubrication and are suitable for large-scale production.
Plastic Gear Rack
Plastic gear racks are made of plastic, a lightweight and durable material. They are often used in applications where metal gears would be too heavy or expensive. Plastic gear racks are also less likely to corrode than metal gears, making them a good choice for outdoor applications.
Plastic gear racks are typically made of nylon or acetal plastic. Nylon is a strong and durable material that is resistant to wear and tear. Acetal plastic is a high-performance material that is resistant to heat and chemicals.
Plastic gear racks are available in a variety of shapes and sizes. They can be used to transmit power from one component to another, or they can be used to convert rotary motion into linear motion.
Plastic gear racks are a versatile and cost-effective solution for various applications. They are easy to install and maintain and offer a long life.
Here are some of the benefits of using plastic gear racks:
- Lightweight and durable
- Resistant to corrosion
- Easy to install and maintain
- Long life
If you are considering using plastic gear racks in your application, there are a few things you should keep in mind:
- The type of plastic gear rack you choose will depend on the load and speed of your application.
- You will need to select the right plastic gear rack for the motor you are using.
- You will need to install the plastic gear rack properly.
Plastic Gear Rack for Sale
About Plastic Gear Rack
Shape: Rack Gear
Standard or Nonstandard: Nonstandard
Product name: plastic rack and pinion
Color: Natural or custom
Module: 0.25 and above
Certificate:ISO9001:2008; SGS report; Match environmental protection request
Tolerance:+/-0.05mm or as you request
Service: Customized designing, tooling, manufacturing, assembling
Material: POM, Nylon, PA+GF, TPE, ABS, PPS, PBT, TPU, PMMA, PE, PP, TPR, TPV, ETC.
We are a professional China plastic gear rack factory from China. Depending on the material, we can supply mild steel, alloy steel, Harrods steel, alloy steel quenched and tempered steel, carburized, casehardened steel, cast iron or specified. Please send us the drawings or dimensions of the plastic gear rack and pinion you need, we will be happy to quote you the best price! All of the specific size, color, quantity and materials can be customized according to the customer’s requirements.
Advantages of the Plastic Gear Rack and Pinion
- The plastic gears have a low friction coefficient, good wear resistance, and high transmission efficiency and can be operated without or with insufficient lubrication.
- The plastic helical racks and racks have good elasticity, shock absorption and anti-impact, low noise during operation, and stable transmission.
- Corrosion-resistant, rust-free, and can be operated in a corrosive medium.
Disadvantages of Plastic Gear Rack and Pinion
- Mildly low, so the transmission load cannot be too large.
- The operating temperature is not high, and the thermal conductivity is much lower than that of metal, which is not conducive to heat dissipation.
- The coefficient of thermal expansion is significant, and it will swell after absorbing water and oil. When the temperature and humidity of the environment change, the dimensional stability is poor.
Working Principle of Plastic Rack and Pinion Transmission
The plastic rack and pinion mechanism is composed of plastic gear and rack. The plastic rack and pinion transmission converts the reciprocating linear motion of the rack into the rotary signal of the gear or converts the rotary motion into the reciprocating linear movement of the frame. Gear transmission is used to transmit motion and power between any two shafts and is the most widely used mechanical transmission in modern machinery. Its peripheral speed can reach 300m/s, the transmission power can reach 105KW, and the gear diameter can be less than 1mm to above 150m.
Standard Materials of Nylon Gear Rack and Pinion
- PA6 PA66: suitable for medium or low load, under 80°C temperature, working under low or no lubrication conditions.
- PA610.PA9 and PA1010: the same as above; they can work under moderate fluctuations.
- Cast nylon: suitable for the manufacture of giant gears.
- Reinforced nylon: suitable for high load and high-temperature applications, high transmission efficiency, and lubricating oil should be added during operation.
- PC: lubrication should be added when running at high speed.
- Modified polyphenylene ether: precision gears that can be used in hot water or steam
- Polyimide: gear suitable for long-term operation at 260°C
- Reinforced polyester: ideal for high or medium and low load, working under 150°C, under lubricating conditions
- Polyphenylene sulfide: suitable for gears with medium and high loads and no lubrication
- UHMWPE: ideal for medium and low bag, oil-lubricated gears below 240 degrees
- Cloth phenolic: ideal for low load gears
Flexible Plastic Gear Rack
Flexible plastic racks and pinions are used in turntables, linear actuators, etc. These racks are made from 12 to 16-tooth drive gears and are molded from a durable and flexible plastic material. In addition to being flexible, these racks are designed to be highly accurate and repeatable.
Flexible plastic rack and pinion available in 0.8 Mod and 32DP pitch for easy rotational drive up to 270 degrees. They are also commonly used in camera focus rings. The flexible plastic rack and pinion allow longer stretches for linear motion, making it an ideal solution for more giant gears.
While polyacetal is the industry standard, polyketone is a less expensive alternative. Its low coefficient of friction and high hardness grade make it an ideal material for racks and pinions. Polyketone gears have excellent hardness levels, higher safety against tooth breakage, and extremely high wear resistance. Its tribological properties are also impressive. Because plastic racks are not straight, the actual length is a multiple of the pitch.