Steel Hubs for
Split Taper Bushings
Steel Hubs for Split Taper Bushings
Steel hubs for split taper bushings are mechanical components used in power transmission systems to connect rotating shafts to various types of machinery, such as pulleys, sprockets, and gears. The steel hub is designed to fit around the shaft and is secured in place using a split taper bushing. The split taper bushing is tapered and split to allow for easy installation and removal, and it is typically made of a material that can withstand high levels of torque and vibration.
The steel hub for split taper bushings is typically made of high-strength steel and is designed to transmit torque and rotational forces from the shaft to the attached machinery. The steel hub is often machined with keyways and set screws to ensure a secure fit and prevent slipping or misalignment during operation.
Steel hubs for split taper bushings are commonly used in industrial applications, such as manufacturing, mining, and agriculture, where heavy machinery and high torque loads are common. They are available in a wide range of sizes and configurations to accommodate different shaft sizes and types of machinery.
Steel Hubs for Split Taper Bushings Size Chart:
Steel hubs for split taper bushings come in a variety of sizes, but some of the most common sizes include:
- Outside diameter: 2.5 inches, 3 inches, 4 inches, 5 inches, 6 inches, 8 inches, and 12 inches
- Hub bore diameter: 1.25 inches, 1.5 inches, 1.75 inches, 2 inches, 2.25 inches, 2.5 inches, 3 inches, and 3.5 inches
- Pilot diameter: 1.5 inches, 1.75 inches, 2 inches, 2.25 inches, 2.5 inches, and 3 inches
- Number of bolt holes: 2, 3, or 4
- Keyway: Yes or no
The specific size of the steel hub you need will depend on the size of the split taper bushing you are using. You can find a chart of compatible sizes in the product documentation for your bushing.
|Part No.||For Bushing||Dimensions||Tapped Holes||Wt. Lbs.|
|HP1||P1||3||0.292||1.9375||2.875||1 3/32”||2 7/16||3/8”||1 5/16||60°||5/8||3||5/16-18||1.4|
|HCP1||P1||3||1.000||1.9375||2.875||1 3/32||2 7/16||3/8||1 5/16||60||5/8||3||5/16-18||1.1|
|HP2||P2||3||1.100||1.9375||2.875||1 3/32||2 7/16||3/8||2 5/16||60||5/8||3||5/16-18||2.5|
|HB1||B||3 7/8||0.292||2.623||3.750||1 7/16||3 1/8||1/2||1 5/16||60||13/16||3||5/16-18||2.3|
|HB2||B||4 1/2||0.709||2.623||4.375||1 7/16||3 1/8||1/2||1 3/4||60||13/16||3||5/16-18||4.7|
|HQ1||Q1||4 1/2||0.709||2.875||4.375||1 9/16||3 3/8||1/2||1 3/4||60||7/8||3||3/8-16||4.4|
|HCQ1||Q1||4 1/2||1.250||2.875||4.375||1 9/16||3 3/8||1/2||1 3/4||60||7/8||3||3/8-16||4.4|
|HQ2||Q2||4 1/2||1.606||2.875||4.375||1 9/16||3 3/8||1/2||2 3/4||60||7/8||3||3/8-16||6.9|
|HR1||R1||5 3/4||0.709||4.000||5.625||2 3/16||4 5/8||3/4||2||60||1 1/8||3||3/8-16||7.3|
|HR2||R2||5 3/4||1.606||4.000||5.625||2 3/16||4 5/8||3/4||4||60||1 1/8||3||3/8-16||15.4|
|HS1||S1||6 3/4||0.946||4.625||6.500||2 9/16||5 3/8||3/4||3 5/16||60||1 5/8||3||1/2-13||17.3|
|HS2||S2||6 3/4||2.963||4.625||6.500||2 9/16||5 3/8||3/4||5 11/16||60||1 5/8||3||1/2-13||30.4|
|HU0||U0||8 1/2||2.000||6.000||8.250||3 1/4||7||1 1/4||3 3/4||60||2||3||5/8-11||32.0|
|HU1||U1||8 1/2||2.963||6.000||8.250||3 1/4||7||1 1/4||5 5/8||60||1 3/4||3||5/8-11||44.6|
|HU2||U2||8 1/2||6.016||6.000||8.250||3 1/4||7||1 1/4||8 5/8||60||1 3/4||3||5/8-11||69.0|
|HW1||W1||12 1/2||2.963||8.500||12.250||4 9/16||10||1 1/4||6 3/8||22 1/2||1 3/4||4||3/4-10||130.0|
Steel Hubs for Split Taper Bushings Advantages:
1. High Strength: Steel hubs are made from high-quality steel that provides excellent strength and durability. They can handle high torque loads and resist wear and tear, making them suitable for demanding applications.
2. Easy Installation: Steel hubs are designed to work with split taper bushings, which simplifies the installation process. The bushings are split, meaning they can be easily installed and removed from the shaft without the need for a press or other specialized equipment.
3. Interchangeability: Steel hubs can be used with a variety of split taper bushings, providing a high degree of interchangeability. This means that a single hub can be used with multiple bushings, which can reduce the number of components needed and simplify inventory management.
4. Versatility: Steel hubs can be used in a wide range of applications, from light-duty to heavy-duty. They are suitable for use in industrial equipment, agricultural machinery, and other types of power transmission systems.
5. Cost-effective: Steel hubs are generally more cost-effective than other types of hubs, such as cast iron or aluminum. This makes them a popular choice for applications where cost is a primary consideration.
Steel Hubs and Split Taper Bushings:
The split taper bushing is a two-part tapered sleeve that is split along its length, which allows the bushing to be easily installed and removed from the shaft without the need for a press or other specialized equipment. The tapered bore of the bushing provides a tight fit onto the shaft, while the outer surface of the bushing is designed to fit into the hub with a corresponding taper. The steel hub is typically made of steel to provide strength and durability.
The split taper bushing and steel hub combination provides a secure and precise way to mount components onto a shaft. The bushing provides a tight fit onto the shaft, which prevents slippage and ensures accurate positioning of the components. The hub provides a stable mounting surface for the components, which ensures that they operate smoothly and efficiently.
|Split Taper Bushings||Steel Hubs|
Steel Hubs for Split Taper Bushings Applications:
(1) Conveyor Systems: Steel hubs are often used in conveyor systems to mount pulleys or sprockets onto shafts. The split taper bushings allow for easy installation and removal, which can be beneficial in applications where maintenance and repair are required.
(2) Industrial Equipment: Steel hubs for split taper bushings are used in a variety of industrial equipment, such as pumps, compressors, and generators. They provide a secure and reliable way to mount components onto shafts, ensuring efficient and reliable operation.
(3) Agricultural Machinery: Steel hubs for split taper bushings are also used in agricultural machinery, such as tractors and harvesters. They can be used to mount components such as pulleys, sprockets, and gears onto shafts, providing a reliable and efficient power transmission solution.
(4) Mining Equipment: Steel hubs for split taper bushings are commonly used in mining equipment, such as crushers and conveyors. The high strength and durability of steel hubs make them ideal for use in demanding mining applications.