A Platewheel sometimes referred to as a “Chain Gear” or “Sprocket”, is a part of a rotating machine that relies on teeth or cogs to transmit torque. Platewheels generally work the same way as Power Transmission systems like V Belts and V Pulleys.
Depending on the chain type, sprockets and plate wheels can be single chain, double chain, or triple chain.
Plate wheel sprockets
A sprocket is a wheel with cogged chain teeth, which is used to mesh with the accurate pitch blocks on the link or cable. It is widely used in the chemical industry, textile machinery, escalator, wood processing, three-dimensional parking garage, agricultural machinery, food processing, instrumentation, petroleum, and other industries. Sprockets usually include many models, and different models are described in different ways.
As one of the leading China sprockets manufacturers and suppliers in China, we ensure the high quality of every sprocket. Trust us and contact now for more information!
How to distinguish the models of chain sprockets
Sprockets can be distinguished in the following two ways: First, the standard of chain wheels is usually English units, such as common 3 points, 4 points, 5 points, etc., and also divided into single, double, three, and four-row wheels. Secondly, there are also chain wheel models distinguished by the letter AB, A represents the chip chain wheel, and B represents the table chain wheel; It is also divided into single-row double-row, and three-row sprockets.
Key points for installation of sprocket
- Select the correct sprocket model and material according to the mechanical equipment model in different industries.
- Check whether the parts where the chain wheel is installed are in good condition and whether all connecting parts and fasteners are in good condition. If any problem occurs, it needs to be adjusted in time
- Install the chain wheel according to the correct method, install the main and secondary chain wheels in place, tighten various fasteners and connectors, and ask professionals to draw installation drawings if necessary before installation.
- After installing the drive chain and adjusting the tightness, check whether the chain and sprocket fit smoothly, coplanar, and have no interference with the chain guard. After installation, the driven chain should be reinforced, because the driven sprocket is easy to loosen, and the sprocket and chain can be regularly maintained and lubricated if conditions permit so that they can be lubricated and maintained for a long time
How to maintain the sprocket
- The tightness of the sprocket should be appropriate. Too tight will increase power consumption, and the bearing is easy to wear; The chain wheel is too loose and easy to jump and fall off. The tightness of the sprocket is: lift or press it from the middle of the sprocket
- The sprocket shall be installed on the shaft without swing and skew. In the same transmission component, the end faces of two sprockets should be in the same plane, and there should be no side friction of chain gear teeth. If the two wheels offset too much, it is easy to cause chain disengagement and accelerated wear. When replacing the sprocket, pay attention to checking and adjusting the offset.
- When the sprocket is seriously worn, replace it with a new one and a new one at the same time to ensure good engagement. It is not allowed to replace a new sprocket or a new sprocket alone. Otherwise, it will cause poor engagement to accelerate the wear of new sprockets or new sprockets. When the sprocket tooth surface is worn to a certain extent, it should be turned over in time for use (referring to the sprocket used with an adjustable surface) to extend the service time.
- The new sprocket is too long or stretched after use, which is difficult to adjust. The chain link can be removed according to the situation, but it must be an even number. The chain link shall pass through the back of the chain wheel, the locking plate shall be inserted outside, and the opening of the locking plate shall face the opposite direction of rotation.
- The sprocket shall be filled with lubricating oil in time during operation. The lubricating oil must enter the fitting clearance between the roller and the inner sleeve to improve the working conditions and reduce wear.
- The old sprocket cannot be mixed with some new ones, otherwise, it is easy to have an impact on the transmission and break the sprocket.
- When the machine is stored for a long time, the chain wheel should be removed and cleaned with kerosene or diesel oil, and then coated with engine oil or butter and stored in a dry place.