U1 Split Taper Bushings
U1 Split Taper Bushing
Unlike ordinary bearings, split tapered bushings are capable of very high torques, allowing them to withstand the forces of power transmission. This is thanks to their double-split steel construction and flange design. Unlike other types of bushings, these are easier to adjust and have a keyway to attach to the shaft. If you are looking for a split tapered bushing to suit your transmission needs, you need to choose bushings with a flanged design and keyway so they will fit properly.
Another benefit of the split tapered bushing is its high quality. These work with cast iron bushing hole pulleys. You can buy these on the same page as the pulleys.
Dimensions of the U1 Split Taper Bushings
- Bushing Type: U1
- Bore Size: 2-1/2"、2-11/16"、2-15/16"、2-3/4"、2-3/8"、2-5/8"、2-7/16"、2-7/8"、3"、3-1/2"、3-1/4"、3-1/8"、3-11/16"、3-15/16"、3-3/16"、3-3/4"、3-3/8"、3-5/8"、3-7/16"、3-7/8"、4"、4-1/2"、4-1/4"、4-1/8"、4-15/16"、4-3/16"、4-3/4"、4-3/8"、4-5/8"、4-7/8"、5"、5-1/2"、5-1/4"、5-1/8"、5-3/16"、5-3/8"、5-7/16"、
- Dimension (L): 7-1/8"
- Dimension (U): 11/16"
- Dimension (T): 6-1/16"
- Large End Dimension (D): 6.000"
- Small End Dimension (D): 5.6485"
- Dimension (H): 8-3/8"
- Dimension (V): 7"
- Dimension (W): 1-1/4"
- Dimension (X): 5-5/8"
- Dimension (Y): 7/16"
- Dimension (R): 7/16"
- Dimension (S): 15/32"
- Cap Screws Amount: 3
- Cap Screw Size: 5/8" X 2-3/4"
- Wrench Torque: 1680 LBS
- Weight: 40 LBS
1. Make sure the bushing cone and interior of the driven product are clean and free of anti-seize lubricant.
2. Place the bushing into the sprocket or other part type that accepts bushings.
3. Loosely place the cap screws into the pull-up holes. The bushing remains loose to ensure a slip fit on the shaft.
4. Using the key on the shaft, slide the sprocket or other part type to the desired position on the shaft. Make sure the heads of the cap screws are accessible.
5. Align the sprockets or part types, alternately and incrementally tighten the screws until they are taut. Do not use extensions on the wrench handle, and do not allow sprockets or parts to be pulled out and contact the bushing flange. There should be a gap between the bushing flange and the sprocket at this point to ensure that the gap does not close.
1. Loosen and remove cap screws.
2. Insert the cap screws into the threaded removal holes.
3. Tighten the inserted screws until the sprocket or other part type is loose on the shaft.
4. Remove sprocket/part type from the shaft.
Advantages of Split Taper Bushings
The main advantage of using split tapered bushings over standard tapered bushings is the ease of installation and removal. Split tapered bushings take up less space in space-constrained designs than standard bushings. However, this single-use device often breaks during installation, which means it's only good for one use. Additionally, it requires hammering the large end of the bushing to remove it from the drive part, which can cause the drive part to fall off the rotating shaft.
Another benefit of split tapered bushings is their ability to work in tighter spaces. In contrast to flat washers, split tapered bushings do not require anti-seize or grease to function properly. They also don't offer the same level of protection as split gaskets. Therefore, when selecting a split tapered bushing, be sure to carefully measure the space where the bushing will be installed before tightening the screws.
The flange-to-flange clearance of the split tapered bushing is another advantage. When installing the split taper, it must be ensured that the holes are drilled correctly. If the flange size is smaller than the bearing bore, it is better to use a split taper sleeve. It also prevents vibration while reducing friction, which is essential for smooth operation.
Q1. Are you a factory?
A. Yes. We are a factory with more than 15 years of manufacturing experience.
Q2. Is OEM and ODM service available?
A. Of course. We have many years of experience in OEM& ODM service.
Q3. I am buying from another supplier, but need better service. Would you match or beat the price I am paying?
A. We always feel we provide the best service and competitive prices. We would be happy to personalize a competitive quote for you， email us.